UK-India Civil Nuclear Collaboration
In 2011 the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and the Indian Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) initiated the “Indo-UK Civil Nuclear Collaboration”.
The collaboration supports scientific exchange and interaction involving UK university academics and scientists and engineers at Indian DAE laboratories. Science and engineering with application to civil nuclear power has been at the core of the activities.
The programme is now into its third tranche of supported projects, with a fourth tranche under discussion.
As part of the third tranche, EPSRC supported the establishment of a “Network”.
The Indo-UK Network
Aims of the Network are:
- To foster mutual awareness and contact between the UK researchers involved in the Indo – UK projects
- To share experiences of working with Indian laboratories
- To identify and promulgate best practice
- To help facilitate linkages between UK and Indian researchers
- To help make the wider UK research and industrial community aware of the Indo-UK collaboration
- To encourage other UK researchers to become involved
Simon Walker (Imperial College London) – Principal Investigator. Homepage.
Amy Gandy (University of Sheffield). Homepage.
William Nuttall (Open University). Homepage.
Giovanni Giustini (Imperial College London) – Scientific Administrator. Homepage